- Clear browsing and search history as often as you can.
- Change all passwords and do not enable “remember my password”.
When setting up or changing your password, choose a secret question that is unknown to the abuser.
- Do not accept friend requests from unknown users and confirm the identity of known users before accepting the request. It is very easy for someone to make a fake account or pretend to be someone else.
- Go through the privacy settings on all accounts and keep all accounts private.
- Never post personal information online (for example, your location, your employer).
- Be mindful of what can be seen in photos you upload (for example, street signs, familiar landmarks).
- When downloading apps, turn location off.
- Talk to your friends and family about what they are posting online that the abuser may see.
- Delete the abuser off your accounts and request your friends and family to delete the abuser as well.
- Consider also deleting any contacts you may have who are associated or friends with the abuser. The abuser can use their friends to contact you or retrieve information.
- Talk to your children about what they post online, accepting friend requests, and responding to unknown messages.
- If you are receiving unwanted contact from the abuser, or are being threatened online or through text message, keep a record of the communication and your effort to end contact. If there is a no contact order in place, do not reply and report to Police.
Safe Use – Internet
If it is safe to do so: ensure all devices are password protected, if safe to do so. Keep your password private. Ensure your …
Talk to your neighbours and ask them to call the police if they see the abuser; provide a picture and/or model of their car …
The following are protective actions you may wish to consider if you are living with or planning to leave a residence you …
Pick a safe room/place with your child, preferably with a lock on the door and a phone that they will go to when the potential …
Clear browsing and search history as often as you can. Change all passwords and do not enable “remember my password”. …