One location – many services.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, our offices are closed. However, we are still able to provide support services to you on the telephone, please contact us at 905-450-4650. If you are in crisis, please call the Victim Services of Peel 24 hour crisis line at 905-568-1068.
The Safe Centre of Peel is a safe and welcoming space where many agencies work together at one location. We offer support and compassionate care to families affected by abuse and violence in Peel. Our collaboration consists of 15 partner agencies serving hundreds of individuals every year
SCoP Services Include:
- Needs & Risk Assessment
- Individualized Safety Planning
- Client Navigation
- Trauma & Abuse Counselling
- Short-term Supportive Counselling
- Referrals to Sexual Assault Counselling
- Settlement & Integration Services
- Parenting Education and Resource Guidance
- Information on Police Reporting and Criminal Court Process
- Transitional Housing Supports
- Family Court Support
- Applications for Legal Aid Certificates
- Child Protection
- Support with Applying for Subsidized Programs (Ontario Works, Child Care Subsidy)
- Referrals to Legal Clinics, Children's Services, Employment Support, and more...
Staff speak a variety of languages and language interpretation is available.
Onsite childminding available (during our office closure due to the COVID-19 outbreak, childminding is not available).
For more information and to access support, please call 905-450-4650.
Documented information is held by Catholic Family Services Peel Dufferin. The intake agency and Catholic Family Services Peel Dufferin hold all information confidential...
Child Minding Services
We offer free child minding to those who are seeking services at the centre. Your child will be cared for by an experienced staff member, who will provide them...
The most comforting was the overall feeling of being safe and not afraid to discuss issues.
I appreciated the compassion and safety I felt while at the Safe Centre. The support helped me to begin my journey to move forward with my life.”
Staff took the time necessary to go over everything in detail. It’s wonderful having many services under one roof.
All of the staff are very supportive and helpful, thank you so much. You gave me the hope and support to move on.